Anara Midgett has some fantastic ideas that she shares when it comes to keeping cool during these summer heat waves.
For those in Pennsylvania, the week of the Fourth of July may feel like the state was temporarily transported to the middle of the Sahara, but hopefully with some air conditioning to combat the heat. Preventing heat stress is especially important during this time of the year, and children are especially prone to so much heat. Although turning off the lights and hiding under a fan may seem like the best idea, there are some other options out there.
Continue reading "Cool Tips for Hot Days and Heat Stress"
We’re up to book #8 in our 30 Day-30 Book list!
1. I am a whole child. 2. My senses are out of sync
3. Distinguish between won’t and can’t
4. I am a concrete thinker, I interpret language literally
5. Listen to all the ways I’m trying to communicate
6. Picture this! I am visually orientated
7. Focus and build on what I can do rather than what I can’t do
8. Help me with social interactions
9. Identify what triggers my meltdowns
10. Love me unconditionally.
In this insightful novel, Ellen Notbohm reminds us that there is more to learn, and more to hear from our children than we might not realize at first. The book, Ten Things Every Child with Autism Wishes You Knew tells of ten “things” that help you understand how Autism works, from the experiences of a young mother and her child. With ten different topics for you to discuss with your child on the spectrum, this book is a must for every parent.
To learn more about this book, feel free to click on the picture above.